Statement of Faith
- the Bible to be inspired by the Holy Spirit, and the only infallible, authoritative, written word of God in all matters of faith and conduct.
- there is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- in God the Father, an infinite, personal spirit – perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love.
- in Jesus Christ, true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate. We believe in His continuous intercession for His people and in His personal return in power and in glory.
- in God the Holy Spirit and His ministry to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and, during this age, to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- that man was created in the image of God but, because of the fall of the first man Adam, he is born with a sinful nature, separated from God and in need of salvation. Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for salvation through the repentance from sin and the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- that water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the church during the present age.
- that the true church is composed of all persons who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ, of which He is the head.
SEEDS San Diego is pro-life.