Who We Are & What We Do
Who We Are…
SEEDS San Diego is a giving circle of Christian women with a vision to make a substantial difference in the lives of the needy. SEEDS is a ministry of High/Ground (www.high-ground.org).
Our mission statement reads, “The purpose of this Christ-centered giving circle is to direct financial gifts to selected evangelical Christian nonprofit ministries that serve those in need.”
What We Do
- We gather donations from our members at the beginning of each year without fashion shows, bake sales, silent auctions, luncheons, etc., and give it all away at the end of each year.
- Membership meetings will consist of one meeting (late January/early February) to give updates, answer questions, introduce SEEDS to interested newcomers, and enjoy the company of our members. There are also optional opportunities to visit local ministries in the fall in preparation for voting.
- We have a two-tier membership. Members pledge $1000/year, Associate Members pledge $500/year, both for 3-year renewable terms. All pledges are paid to The National Christian Foundation and designated to The SEEDS San Diego Fund.
- The National Christian Foundation (www.nationalchristian.com) is a nonprofit corporation 501(c)(3). As with all donor advised funds, all SEEDS contributions are the property of NCF. NCF will receipt and invest the pledges made by our members, and direct them to the ministries SEEDS recommends. The interest from our invested money will offset the 1% handling fees charged by NCF.
- During the year the SEEDS Leadership Committee will investigate different evangelical Christian nonprofits (members may recommend nonprofits to the Committee) with ministries here and abroad, including site visits where possible, and present them to the membership for consideration.
- The full membership will choose the gift recipients—one in the greater San Diego area and one overseas. The gifts will be awarded in the fall.
- All of our donations will go to the nonprofits chosen by our members.
- The majority of our communication will be via email and the internet.